Sunday, February 1, 2009

Some days back, I went with my family to a pastry shop to buy some cakes. When I was choosing which cake to buy, I noticed something from the corner of my eye. Immediately, I stopped what I was doing and turned around to see what had happened.

There was this little boy who was standing in the pastry shop beside his maid. Judging by his size, he should be around 4 or 5. He was crying very loudly and also started to beat his maid before running away to complain to his mother. About what? I am not very sure myself. However, it seems to me that the little boy is really pampered by his parents. He not only cried loudly in public, he also did not show respect to his maid by beating her. He is also very unreasonable. If he was indeed angry with somebody, he should also not use his maid as a punching bag to vent his anger on. He must understand that the maid is there to help him by doing his chores, preparing food for him, keeping his toys after he play, etc. Therefore, he should treat her as a family member and not his 'slave'.

I also feel that with a maid, the boy will not only become more self-centered, he will also become very dependent on the maid. Although I do not know how the boy treats his maid at home, but his actions towards his maid shows us that he does not treat his maid well.

Therefore, no matter who the party is, we should always show them respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment