Sunday, March 1, 2009

ANGLES

The past week, Clarence went to compete in the 'A new generation of loquacious English speakers",
ANGLES, competition. His topic was on Singaporean kiasuism. Boon or bane. I personally felt that his speech was really excellent and I would never be able to speak like that in front of all the secondary 1 level.

The contestants had to present a prepared speech as well as an impromptu speech. Clarence did really well in the prepared speech section and also did pretty well in the impromptu speech. His impromptu speech was on facebook.

I feel that speaking in front of a large crowd is very frightening. Many people might get stage fright when they have to do something in front of many people. I feel that clarence is indeed very brave, to be able to give such a speech. I on the other hand, will even feel that my hands turn clammy when I went for the DSA interview. Facing a panel of judges is scary enough, what's more, a large crowd of people.

Cheers to Clarence.

1 comment:

  1. I share your viewpoints too. As the saying goes practice makes perfect- the more you speak in front of a crowd, the easier it becomes. Mr. B

    ReplyDelete